Meet Dr Megan Stone
I am a Family Medicine Physician. I attended Medical School at Western University of Health Science and graduated as an Osteopathic Medical Doctor. Osteopathic Medicine is well-aligned with Functional and Integrative Medicine in that it emphasizes wellness, disease prevention and helping the body to heal itself. Osteopathic Medicine seeks to use all tools available, including modern medication and surgery, in addition to hands-on diagnostic and treatment techniques. Osteopaths are fully licensed and certified physicians. I completed my Family Medicine residency at an allopathic (M.D.) program in California, where I served as Co-chief resident. I also completed a sub-track training program in Global Health, where I worked in Africa serving the patients of developing countries.
I have been treating patients in all walks of life for over a decade. I worked as a board-certified HIV physician, have completed multiple international medical missions and treat patients of all ages as a traditional Family Medicine Physician. Having spent much time in the clinics, urgent care, hospitals and Emergency Rooms, I can fully appreciate the disconnect between patients and their physicians. While doctors are trying their best to help as many people as possible, many patients still leave the office with a sense of misaligned goals and the feeling of not being understood. This disconnect can not be corrected in the construct of our current medical system. This gap in communication, understanding and holistic care is where the Functional Medicine Revolution begins!
- Fellowship and Board Certified: Anti-Aging, Metabolic and Functional Medicine
- Board Certified: American Board of Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine
- Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy advanced training: A4M and Institute for Functional Medicine
- Detoxification training: A4M, Institute for Functional Medicine.
- Bredesen Protocol for reversing and prevening Alzheimer's Disease: Certified Practitioner
- Wahl's Protocol trained practitioner- holistic approach to the treatment of MS and other Autoimmune Diseases.
As a physician, I can combine the medical knowledge of your underlying conditions, medications and medical history, with the holistic approach to healing sought after by Functional and Integrative Medicine.